Metal stamping is a process in which iron, aluminum, copper and other plates and heterosexual materials are deformed or broken by punching machines and dies to achieve a certain shape and size. Metal stamping is sometimes called sheet metal forming, but with a slight difference. The so-called plate forming refers to the use of plates, thin-walled pipes, thin profiles, etc. as raw materials.
The forming and fabrication method of the workpiece with the required shape and size is obtained by applying external force to the sheet, strip, pipe and profile through the punch and die to cause plastic deformation or separation, and the obtained workpiece is the automobile stamping part.
Metal stamping parts rely on presses and dies to apply external forces to plates, strips, pipes and profiles to cause plastic deformation or separation, so as to obtain workpieces (stamping parts) of the required shape and size. . Stamping and forging are both plastic fabrication (or pressure fabrication), collectively called forging. The stamped blanks are mainly hot-rolled and cold-rolled steel sheets and strips.
Stamping die is a special process equipment that processes materials (metal or non-metal) into parts (or semi-finished products) in cold stamping, called cold stamping die (commonly known as cold stamping die). Stamping is a pressure fabrication method that uses a die installed on a press to apply pressure to a material at room temperature to separate or plastically deform it to obtain the required parts.
In the fabrication of precision parts, metal stamping fabrication accounts for a large part.
Let’s take a look at the performance of precision metal stamping fabrication technology:
Auto stamping parts price
- 1. Casting performance: Refers to some process properties of whether the metal or alloy is suitable for casting, mainly including flow performance, ability to fill the mold; shrinkage, the ability of the casting to shrink in volume during solidification; segregation refers to chemical composition inhomogeneity.
- 2. Welding performance: refers to the characteristics of metal materials that are welded together by heating or heating and pressure welding methods, and the interface can meet the purpose of use.
- 3. Cold bending performance: refers to the performance of metal materials that can withstand bending without breaking at room temperature. The degree of bending is generally expressed by the ratio of the bending angle α (external angle) or the bending center diameter d to the material thickness a. The larger a or the smaller d/a, the better the cold bendability of the material.
- 4. Stamping performance: the ability of metal materials to withstand stamping deformation without breaking. Stamping at room temperature is called cold stamping. The test method is tested by the cupping test.
- 5. Forging performance: the ability of metal materials to withstand plastic deformation without breaking during forging.
Pintejin Sheet Metal shop offers a cost-effective solution for a wide range of industries with our custom metal stamping and custom sheet metal fabrication capabilities. Our stampnig operations include a variety of sheet-metal forming manufacturing processes, such as punching, blanking, embossing, bending, flanging, and coining. Our professional, experienced and well-trained engineers can execute the complex metal stamping operations with precision and accuracy.
No matter what your metal fabrication needs are, Pintejin can offer the right solution: from single sheet metal part or sub-assembly of stamped metal parts to turnkey solutions for mechanical and electrical assemblies. We have the technology, equipment and the experience to fabricate customised metal products from aluminium sheet metal fabrication, steel, zinc plated steel, stainless steel sheet metal fabrication, brass and copper. Designs that require CNC machining of surfaces or components can be accommodated. We can supply polished, galvanized, zinc coated or powder coated finishes for any sheet metal work or stamped metal components. Coupled with our accurate and reliable metal fabricating equipment, we guarantee precision and repeatability in custom sheet metal work. You’ll be taking advantage of the best sheet metal fabrication china can produce.