Sheet metal fabrication is a key technology that sheet metal technicians need to master, and it is also an important process for the formation of sheet metal products. Automobile sheet metal parts include not only traditional cutting, blanking, bending forming and other methods and process parameters, but also various cold stamping die structures and process parameters, working principles and operation methods of various equipment, as well as new stamping technology and new processes.
The quality of sheet metal fabrication is not only related to the equipment, but also has a great relationship with the experience of the operator and the production of the process sequence. The concept of sheet metal fabrication is very different from that of machining. Machining mainly refers to “drilling, milling, planing, grinding and boring”. Generally speaking, the precision of machining is much higher than that of sheet metal fabrication, so it cannot be used. Sheet metal fabrication is required by machining standards. At present, sheet metal fabrication in the industry requires special fabrication accuracy, and can be processed in a relatively special way, such as mold fabrication.
The machining accuracy of sheet metal is closely related to our design. If the machining accuracy is not considered in the design, there will inevitably be defects such as interference and difficult assembly after the product is returned.
The sheet metal fabrication industry is generally characterized by small batches and many varieties, and the quality requirements of each customer are different, so the quality of sheet metal fabrication is difficult to control. In order to control the quality of sheet metal fabrication products, the following points must be done.
- 1. Understand the needs of customers. When coming into contact with new varieties or new orders, it is necessary to have a certain understanding of the customer’s products, as well as the customer’s requirements for the appearance, size and use of the products.
- 2. Understand the requirements of the customer’s products, choose different processes according to the customer’s products, and explain the precautions in the process drawings: such as the surface should not be scratched, etc.
- 3. The engineering department gets the drawings to make the process drawing (expanded drawing). The drawing drawn by the craftsman must be checked by another craftsman. After the inspection is completed, it will be signed and confirmed and sent to the workshop.
- 4. CNC blanking, first of all, it must go through the full inspection, (NC punching, laser cutting machine, etc.) blanked workpieces are inspected, including size, unfolding, etc. In mass production, all the first pieces must pass the inspection before mass production.
- 5. When bending, confirm the bending direction and bending size of the first piece. After the confirmation, start mass production, and re-inspect the automotive stamping parts when changing operators or changing molds.
- 6. For the finished product, the size of the welded or bent product shall be sampled according to the requirements of the drawings. During the sample inspection, each size shall be confirmed. At the same time, the appearance shall be fully inspected, and the unqualified shall be adjusted in time. Check again and fill in the inspection report at the same time.
Pintejin Sheet Metal shop offers a cost-effective solution for a wide range of industries with our custom metal stamping and custom sheet metal fabrication capabilities. Our stampnig operations include a variety of sheet-metal forming manufacturing processes, such as punching, blanking, embossing, bending, flanging, and coining. Our professional, experienced and well-trained engineers can execute the complex metal stamping operations with precision and accuracy.
No matter what your metal fabrication needs are, Pintejin can offer the right solution: from single sheet metal part or sub-assembly of stamped metal parts to turnkey solutions for mechanical and electrical assemblies. We have the technology, equipment and the experience to fabricate customised metal products from aluminium sheet metal fabrication, steel, zinc plated steel, stainless steel sheet metal fabrication, brass and copper. Designs that require CNC machining of surfaces or components can be accommodated. We can supply polished, galvanized, zinc coated or powder coated finishes for any sheet metal work or stamped metal components. Coupled with our accurate and reliable metal fabricating equipment, we guarantee precision and repeatability in custom sheet metal work. You’ll be taking advantage of the best sheet metal fabrication china can produce.