Sheet Metal is called sheet metal fabrication. Specifically, for example, the use of plates to make chimneys, iron drums, fuel tanks and oil cans, ventilation pipes, elbows and heads, Tianyuan places, funnel shapes, etc., the main processes are cutting, bending, bending, bending, welding, riveting, etc. Some knowledge of geometry. Sheet metal parts are thin-plate hardware parts, that is, parts that can be processed by stamping, bending, stretching, etc. Machining parts, etc. Selection of sheet metal fabrication materials The commonly used materials for sheet metal fabrication are cold-rolled sheet (SPCC), hot-rolled sheet (SHCC), galvanized sheet (SECC, SGCC), copper (CU) brass, red copper, beryllium copper, Aluminum plate (6061, 6063, hard aluminum, etc.), aluminum profile, stainless steel (mirror surface, brushed surface, matte surface), according to the different functions of the product, the materials used are different. Generally, the use and cost of the product should be considered.
- Cold-rolled sheet SPCC, mainly used for electroplating and baking paint, low cost, easy to form, material thickness ≤ 3.2mm.
- Hot-rolled sheet SHCC, material T≥3.0mm, also uses electroplating and paint parts, low cost, but difficult to form, mainly flat parts. Carbon steel sheet metal fabrication
- Galvanized sheet SECC, SGCC. SECC electrolytic plate is divided into N material and P material. N material is mainly used for surface treatment, which is expensive, and P material is used for sprayed parts.
- Copper; mainly used for conductive materials, and its surface treatment is nickel-plated, chrome-plated, or not treated, and the cost is high.
- Aluminum plate; generally use surface chromate (J11-A), oxidation (conductive oxidation, chemical oxidation), high cost, silver plating, nickel plating.
- Aluminum profiles; materials with complex cross-sectional structure, which are widely used in various sub-boxes, and the surface treatment is the same as that of aluminum plates.
- Stainless steel; mainly used without any surface treatment, high cost.
Sheet Metal Fabrication Unfolding Precautions
- The expansion method should be suitable, and it should be convenient to save materials and processability
- Reasonably choose the gap and wrapping method, the gap below T=2.0 is 0.2, the gap between T=2-3 is 0.5, and the wrapping method adopts the long side to wrap the short side (door panels)
- Reasonable consideration of tolerance dimensions: the negative difference goes to the end, the positive difference goes half; the hole size: the positive difference goes to the end, and the negative difference goes half.
The Process Flow Of Sheet Metal Fabrication
Blanking: There are various methods of blanking, mainly in the following ways
- Shearing machine: It uses the shearing machine to cut simple pieces of strip material. It is mainly used to prepare and process for die blanking. The cost is low and the precision is lower than 0.2, but it can only process strips or blocks without holes and corners. Carbon Steel Laser Cutting
- Punching machine: It is to use the punching machine to punch the flat parts after unfolding the parts on the plate in one or more steps to form various shapes of materials. Its advantages are short labor time, high efficiency, high precision and low cost, suitable for mass production, But to design the mold.
- NC CNC blanking, when NC blanking, you must first write a numerical control machining program. Using programming software, the drawn unfolding diagram is written into a program that can be recognized by the NC digital drawing machine, so that it can punch each step on the flat plate according to these programs. Constructed flat plate, but its structure is affected by the tool structure, the cost is low, and the accuracy is less than 0.15.
- Laser cutting is to use the laser cutting method to cut the structure and shape of the plate on a large plate. Like NC cutting, a laser program needs to be written. It can cut flat parts of various complex shapes. The cost is high and the precision is less than 0.1 .
- Sawing machine: mainly used for aluminum profiles, square tubes, drawing tubes, round bars, etc., with low cost and low precision.
Pintejin is a company specializing in sheet metal fabrication, carbon steel sheet metal fabrication, carbon steel laser cutting, stainless steel sheet metal fabrication and other product services. Welcome new and old customers to our website sheetmetal.wiki for more product information!