Aluminum plate fabrication is often encountered in sheet metal fabrication. One of the questions is whether aluminum plate can be cut by laser? The answer is yes, it can be fabrication by laser cutting.
A few years ago, the laser cutting machine was able to cut aluminum plates. I remember that at that time, the workers painted the aluminum plates with ink (it is said that the aluminum plate has a high reflective coefficient and is afraid of reflecting the laser), while cutting, and the parameters of the laser are very bad. tune. At that time, only aluminum sheets with a thickness of 1 mm could be cut. After accumulating experience, the incision of the aluminum plate is also very smooth and there is no slag.
Laser cutting machine cutting aluminum plate also depends on the power of the laser generator. The maximum thickness of 6000W can be cut to 16mm, and the thickness of 4500W can be cut to 12mm, but the fabrication cost is only high, because it is a highly reflective material, and laser cutting uses The focused high-power density laser beam irradiates the workpiece, so that the irradiated material rapidly melts, vaporizes, ablates or reaches the ignition point, and at the same time, the molten material is blown away by the high-speed air flow coaxial with the beam, thereby realizing the cutting of the workpiece.
Is The Cut Surface Of Laser Cut Aluminum Sheet As Smooth As Cutting Other Materials?
The incision of the aluminum plate is also smooth. The aluminum plate is only a highly reflective material, which requires a large laser generator. The cutting gas, like other materials, is cut with nitrogen gas, which will not cause the surface to be uneven.
Laser cutting of aluminum plate The above is some personal experience. Let’s collect information and explain it from a professional level.
Aluminum plate using laser cutting features:
- Thin cutting seam: The cutting seam of laser cutting aluminum plate is generally 0.1mm-0.2mm
- The cutting surface is smooth: the cutting surface of the laser-cut aluminum plate has no burrs and no slag.
- Small thermal deformation: The laser cutting of laser fabrication has thin slits, high speed and concentrated energy, so the heat transmitted to the material to be cut is small, and the deformation of the material is also very small.
- Material saving: laser manufacturing adopts computer programming, laser equipment can cut different shapes of aluminum plate fabrication parts, improve the material utilization rate of aluminum plates, and save a lot of material costs.
- The thickness of the aluminum plate that can be cut mainly depends on the power of the laser generator. Generally, the maximum thickness of 6000W can be cut to 16mm, and the thickness of 4500W can be cut to 12mm.
Precautions for laser cutting aluminum plate:The aluminum plate is a highly reflective material, which can cause great damage to the laser!Generally, it is not recommended that customers use fiber laser cutting machines to cut aluminum plates, and use as little as possible! A laser is worth hundreds of thousands, and if it breaks, it will not be worth the loss!
Summary: According to personal experience, the price of carbon dioxide laser machine is relatively low, the power of the laser generator is high, and you can try to cut aluminum plates when you need it. Note that, as I said above, the black light-absorbing color is coated on the aluminum plate to prevent the reflection from burning out the lens or the laser head. As for the fiber laser machine, don’t cut the aluminum plate, it’s not worth the loss, choose another way to process the aluminum plate. The machining aluminum plate below 6 mm can be processed by CNC punching machine, and the aluminum plate above 6 mm can be processed by water cutting!
What Is The Best Way To Cut Aluminum?
There are mainly the following ways:
- Increase the pulse voltage amplitude
- Increase the pulse width
- Reduce the pulse interval time
- Properly increase the power of the pulse power supply
At the same time, in the production process, it is necessary to pay attention to several factors that affect the roughness of the machined surface:
- The precision of the godet wheel and its bearing is deteriorated due to wear;
- The electrode wire does not move smoothly and there is vibration;
- The electrode wire is too loose and the tension is not enough;
- Improper selection of electrical parameters of pulse power supply, too much arcing phenomenon;
- The loss of molybdenum wire is too large, and the thinned molybdenum wire moves in the guide wheel; 6. The feeding speed is not adjusted properly, and the processing is unstable.
The EDM process is a commonly used process in the production of aluminum profiles. There are many things to pay attention to, and more things need to be summarized and learned continuously by the relevant operators in their work, so that this process can be better applied to Aluminum profile manufacturing.Because the chip removal is not good, the cutting speed of aluminum plate is slower than that of cutting iron plate, and the precision is not as high as that of cutting iron plate, mainly because the loss of molybdenum wire is large, and the conductive block is also worn quickly, so the processing price is also higher than the price of cutting iron plate. high. In order from fast to slow: steel, iron, aluminum, copper. For example, it has been tested with a 500W YAG solid-state laser to cut a 2.5mm aluminum plate. The speed is very slow. If the incision is faster, there will be burrs. Refers to the large plate 2m*1.5m); the cross section, that is, the incision laser, should be the most flat except for wire cutting; the 1.8mm aluminum plate laser cutting speed is conservatively estimated at about 1.5m/min, consumption: 500W YAG per hour Electricity and oxygen consumption total around $5 (continuous cutting).
Pintejin Sheet Metal shop offers a cost-effective solution for a wide range of industries with our custom metal stamping and custom sheet metal fabrication capabilities. Our stampnig operations include a variety of sheet-metal forming manufacturing processes, such as punching, blanking, embossing, bending, flanging, and coining. Our professional, experienced and well-trained engineers can execute the complex metal stamping operations with precision and accuracy.
No matter what your metal fabrication needs are, Pintejin can offer the right solution: from single sheet metal part or sub-assembly of stamped metal parts to turnkey solutions for mechanical and electrical assemblies. We have the technology, equipment and the experience to fabricate customised metal products from aluminium sheet metal fabrication, steel, zinc plated steel, stainless steel sheet metal fabrication, brass and copper. Designs that require CNC machining of surfaces or components can be accommodated. We can supply polished, galvanized, zinc coated or powder coated finishes for any sheet metal work or stamped metal components. Coupled with our accurate and reliable metal fabricating equipment, we guarantee precision and repeatability in custom sheet metal work. You’ll be taking advantage of the best sheet metal fabrication china can produce.