Try to choose a cut-to-length board of the right size. After cutting from the steel mill, there is no need for secondary cutting, which reduces the cutting cost; for coiled plates, try to choose the coiled plate specifications and the uncoiling forming process to reduce the workload of secondary shearing and improve work efficiency.
The thickness of the plate has deviation requirements. Usually within the allowable deviation range, first select the plate with deviation.
Determining the shape and size of the unfolded sheet metal parts of five-metal automobile stamping parts is the premise of analyzing the deformation degree of stamping parts, designing manufacturability and drafting process regulations. If the shape of the metal plate is suitable, not only can the uneven distribution of deformation along the metal plate be significantly improved, but also the forming limit can be increased, and the height of the lug and the margin of trimming can be reduced. In addition, for some parts that are directly formed after blanking, if the accurate plate shape and size can be given, the number of mold tests and adjustments can be reduced, thereby shortening the production cycle and improving productivity.
When selecting materials for product design, avoid high-quality materials that lead to excessive product performance. At the same time, under the premise of meeting product and process requirements, try to choose the materials and material thicknesses used by the existing mass-produced models to form a material platform to facilitate subsequent procurement and inventory management.
Five principles that should be followed in the fabrication technology of metal stamping parts
- 1. When the requirements for the cross-sectional quality and dimensional accuracy of the metal stamping parts are high, the trimming process can be added after the blanking process, or the blanking process can be directly used.
- 2. The number of processes of the bending part mainly depends on the complexity of its structure and shape, as well as the number of bending angles, relative positions and bending directions. When the bending radius of the bending part is less than the allowable value, add a forming process after bending.
- 3. The number of processes of the drawing part is related to the material properties, drawing height, drawing steps, drawing diameter, material thickness and other conditions, which can only be determined by drawing process calculation. When the fillet radius of the drawn part is small or the dimensional accuracy is high, a forming process should be added after the drawing.
- 4. In order to improve the stability of the stamping process, it is sometimes necessary to increase the number of processes to ensure the quality of stamped parts.
- 5. The metal stamping parts of the simple blanking shape are completed by a single-process die. Due to the limited structure or strength of the mold, the inner and outer contours of the workpiece with complex punching shapes should be divided into several parts, and multiple punching processes should be used. Continuous mode can be selected if necessary. For metal stamping parts with high flatness requirements, a leveling process can be added after blanking.
Pintejin Sheet Metal shop offers a cost-effective solution for a wide range of industries with our custom metal stamping and custom sheet metal fabrication capabilities. Our stampnig operations include a variety of sheet-metal forming manufacturing processes, such as punching, blanking, embossing, bending, flanging, and coining. Our professional, experienced and well-trained engineers can execute the complex metal stamping operations with precision and accuracy.
No matter what your metal fabrication needs are, Pintejin can offer the right solution: from single sheet metal part or sub-assembly of stamped metal parts to turnkey solutions for mechanical and electrical assemblies. We have the technology, equipment and the experience to fabricate customised metal products from aluminium sheet metal fabrication, steel, zinc plated steel, stainless steel sheet metal fabrication, brass and copper. Designs that require CNC machining of surfaces or components can be accommodated. We can supply polished, galvanized, zinc coated or powder coated finishes for any sheet metal work or stamped metal components. Coupled with our accurate and reliable metal fabricating equipment, we guarantee precision and repeatability in custom sheet metal work. You’ll be taking advantage of the best sheet metal fabrication china can produce.