Auto stamping parts, as the name suggests, are metal stamping parts that constitute auto parts. In automobile stamping parts, some of them become auto parts directly after stamping, and the other part needs to be processed by welding, machining, or painting before they can become auto parts after stamping. There are many kinds of automobile stamping parts, such as spring tray, spring seat, spring bracket, end cover, cover, compression valve cover, compression valve sleeve, oil seal seat, bottom cover, dust cover, impeller, oil seal, etc. Tubes, lugs, brackets, etc. are all automotive stamping parts.
A large number of cold stamping processes are used in the production of automobile stamping parts, which is suitable for the needs of multi-variety and mass production of automobile stamping parts. In medium and heavy-duty vehicles, most of the cover parts such as body outer panels, and some load-bearing and support parts such as frame, carriage and other auto parts are auto stamping parts. The steel used for cold stamping is mainly steel plates and steel strips, which account for 72.6% of the steel consumption of the whole vehicle. The relationship between cold stamping materials and the production of automobile stamping parts is very close. The quality of the materials not only determines the performance of the product, but also directly affects the production. The process design of the automobile stamping process affects the quality, cost, service life and production organization of the product, so the rational selection of materials is an important and complex task.
Analysis of heat treatment of metal stamping molds – metal stamping molds are prone to cracks after quenching, causing the causes of mold scrap:
- 1. There is serious carbide segregation in the original structure of the die steel material.
- 2. Poor forging process, such as high forging heating temperature, small deformation, high stopping forging temperature, slow cooling rate after forging, etc., make the forging structure coarse and there are net, band and chain carbides, which make the ball. Difficult to remove during annealing.
- 3. Poor spheroidizing annealing process, such as too high or too low annealing temperature, short isothermal annealing time, etc., can cause uneven spheroidizing annealing structure or poor spheroidization.
The metal stamping die is prone to cracks after quenching, resulting in the solution to the scrap of the die:
- 1. According to the working conditions of the mold, the production batch and the toughening performance of the material itself, select the metal stamping die steel with good quality.
- 2. Improve the forging process or use normalizing preparatory heat treatment to eliminate the inhomogeneity of reticulated and chain carbides and carbides in the raw materials.
- 3. For high carbon die steel with severe carbide segregation that cannot be forged, solid solution refining heat treatment can be performed.
- 4. Formulate the correct spheroidizing annealing process specification for the forged die blanks, and can use quenching and tempering heat treatment and rapid spheroidizing annealing.
- 5. Reasonably install the furnace to ensure the uniformity of the temperature of the mold blank in the furnace.
Pintejin Sheet Metal shop offers a cost-effective solution for a wide range of industries with our custom metal stamping and custom sheet metal fabrication capabilities. Our stampnig operations include a variety of sheet-metal forming manufacturing processes, such as punching, blanking, embossing, bending, flanging, and coining. Our professional, experienced and well-trained engineers can execute the complex metal stamping operations with precision and accuracy.
No matter what your metal fabrication needs are, Pintejin can offer the right solution: from single sheet metal part or sub-assembly of stamped metal parts to turnkey solutions for mechanical and electrical assemblies. We have the technology, equipment and the experience to fabricate customised metal products from aluminium sheet metal fabrication, steel, zinc plated steel, stainless steel sheet metal fabrication, brass and copper. Designs that require CNC machining of surfaces or components can be accommodated. We can supply polished, galvanized, zinc coated or powder coated finishes for any sheet metal work or stamped metal components. Coupled with our accurate and reliable metal fabricating equipment, we guarantee precision and repeatability in custom sheet metal work. You’ll be taking advantage of the best sheet metal fabrication china can produce.